Through the combined efforts of the Windber Medical Center, the Joyce Murtha Breast Care Center and Windber Research Institute we are at the forefront of both heart and breast disease detection, prevention and treatment advances, allowing more patients to beat these once dreaded diseases.
You can reduce many of your risk factors for heart and breast disease with a few simple lifestyle changes.
Your personalized program will include:
- Stress Management - Participants are educated in different techniques to help reduce stress. Certified Stress Management Instructors teach you to incorporate these techniques into your everyday life.
- Exercise - An exercise physiologist will help you to develop a customized exercise plan that will improve your fitness.
- Nutrition - An individualized nutrition plan emphasizing a low fat, whole foods plan based on the Mediterranean diet will be developed by a registered dietitian.
- Mind/Body Health - A licensed psychologist will assist you in making these healthy lifestyle changes.
The STEP program is the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. I learned how to cook differently and make healthier choices. I have more energy and a better attitude thanks to the STEP program.
- Chris Barnes, Somerset, PA
You can benefit from the STEP program if you:
- Have a history of breast disease
- Have significant risk factors for developing breast disease such as: age, having had a previous breast biopsy, having a first degree relative with breast disease, age at first period and age at first birth
- Have a history of cardiac events or surgery and are seeking a non-invasive option to minimize your risk of having another cardiac event
- Are at high risk of developing coronary artery disease (CAD) as indicated by one or more of the following: family history of CAD, high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, lipid elevations, sedentary lifestyle and overweight/obese
For more information call 1-866-467-6474 (toll free) or (814)467-3952