Through the combined efforts of Windber Medical Center, Windber Research Institute and the ICHP program at Walter Reed Army Medical Center we are at the forefront of heart disease detection, prevention and treatment advances, allowing more patients to beat this once dreaded disease.
Heart Disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases (CVD) are the number 1 cause of death in the United States, but you can realize the “Healthy You” by reducing many of your risk factors for heart disease with a few simple lifestyle changes.
Your Personalized CRC Program will include:
- Comprehensive health risk assessment completed by a physician
- Personalized and realistic lifestyle-change plans with progress report feedback
- Tailored motivational workshops, toolkits and integrative health coaches designed to keep you on track
- Individual appointments with each modality specialist
- We will work with your provider to optimize your preventive health and to provide a strategy to keep you healthy
An individualized nutrition plan based on a Mediterranean diet emphasizing low fat, whole foods will be customized and developed by a registered dietitian
Participants are educated in different techniques to help reduce stress. Certified stress management instructors teach you to incorporate these techniques into your everyday life.
A licensed psychologist will assist you in making these healthy lifestyle changes
An exercise physiologist will help you to develop an exercise plan that will improve your fitness
By attending the CRC program, I was able to gain better control over my health. I now weigh less, positively manage stress, and exercise regularly. I could not have done it without the expertise and support of the caring staff at Windber. It is a team effort that helps me to sustain my new healthy lifestyle.
- Bob Strittmatter, Windber, PA
|You can benefit from the Cardiac Risk Clinic if you:
- Have a history of cardiac events or surgery and are seeking a non-invasive option to minimize your risk of having another cardiac event
- Are at high risk of developing coronary artery disease (CAD) as indicated by one or more of the following:
- family history of CAD
- high blood pressure
- lipid elevations
- sedentary lifestyle
For more information call 1-866-467-6474 (toll free) or (814)467-3952